This might be a local reference, but stick with me…
The Los Angeles Lakers’ longtime PA announcer Lawrence Tanter has a tradition when the fourth quarter of a game is just about to begin.
In his inimitable deep voice and confident yet understated style, he says…
“Heeeeeeere we go. The FOURTH and FINAL quarter…”
When you’re in the crowd during an important game with a tight score, it’ll give you goosebumps in anticipation of a frenzied finish.
You might’ve figured out why I’m telling this story…
That excitement is exactly how I feel as we enter the fourth quarter of 2018 in just a few days.
I Am Fired Up!
Both in basketball and in business, the fourth quarter is when champions dig deep and deliver unforgettable performances.
Are you ready?
Your performance in Q4 not only impacts how you finish 2018, but also plays a huge role in how you’ll start 2019.
I’m going to give you two great tips on how to finish strong, but first it’s time for a third quarter progress report to evaluate where you stand in relation to your 2018 goals. Get out your business plan and answer these questions:
- Have you conducted 75% of your annual “conversations” goal to find those crucial leads you need to hit your 2018 goal?
- Have you gone on 75% of the appointments you need?
- Have you closed 75% of your 2018 transactions goal?
- Have you earned 75% of the profit toward your 2018 goal?
- Are you following through on all the marketing strategies in your business plan?
- What are some of the biggest lessons you have learned through three quarters of 2018?
If you struggle with tracking these important numbers, I have an exciting solution to easily bring more structure and organization to your business. Check this out.
So… How’d You Do?
How do your results stack up with your goals?
If you’re on pace or ahead of your goal, that’s fantastic! (Set bigger goals in 2019.)
If you’re a little bit behind, keep reading for how you can supercharge Q4 and achieve your goal.
If you’re way off pace, it might be time to get an outside perspective to evaluate what you’re doing.