Part 1: Be An Appointment Setting Machine
4 Easy Steps to Getting More Appointments
1. Have an Appointment Setting Routine
In order to get more appointments, you need to have a simple appointment setting routine.
Start by asking yourself these three questions:
• Why should this customer do business with me?
• What am I committed to?
• What is my mindset for setting appointments?
2. Know your “automatic shot” and take that first
You want to start your appointments off right by getting a quick “win”
So, if you absolutely had to get an appointment right now, who would you call first?
3. Be more assumptive with your language
What you say absolutely matters, and your language should already assume you’ve got the win.
4. Close, because it’s awkward if you don’t!
Your customers are expecting the close, and you may have to close several times.
Some of the best salespeople close 3, 5, or even 7 times!
Part 2: 6 Tips To Schedule More Appointments
6 Communications Tips
1. Know your customers pain and know their problems.
Examples: market conditions, past purchasing experiences
2. Know your dialogues.
If you want to be good on the phones you have to practice!
Check out one of the Sales Edge events for a 3-day boot camp that will give you an unstoppable lead conversion script and bulletproof listing presentation.
3. Get to the point!
Example “I’m calling today to schedule an appointment…”
Give two options for setting a time.
4. Stand up when you are making calls!
Your body controls your tonality and your emotional state.
5. On the phone = 20% effective sensory communication
Remember that when you talk you are only engaging in one sense out of five.
Speaking clearly is important.
6. Get the fear out of the way with these 3 questions:
What’s the worst case scenario?
What’s the most likely scenario?
What’s the best case scenario?
In addition to getting better on the phones, you also have to make sure you have the best environment possible for making calls.