5 Ways to Improve Your Listing Presentation Today | #TomFerryShow Episode 56
I’m soooo excited about this episode of the #TomFerryShow.
My friends, this is the one episode you’ve been waiting for that is going to make the biggest difference in your business.
Bookmark this video and watch it over and over again to ensure you are mastering every step of these powerful listing presentation tips.
Now, let’s get into it …
Would you say that your listing presentations are stale and generic?
Do you walk into an appointment saying the exact same spiel as the three agents before you did?
It’s time to up your game, stand out from the competition and get the easy YES!
Tip #1: Know Your Customer
- Research your customer before the appointment
- Check out their social sites (no, this isn’t considered stalking)
- Look for commonalities that you can build rapport on
- Pre-qualify your customers
- Who are the decision makers?
- What are their exact needs and desires?
- When are they looking to make a decision?
Tip #2: Do Your Homework on the Market
- Go beyond the comps!
- Really know the features of each recent sale, know the neighborhood, the culture, the community – everything
Tip #3: Show up Mentally Prepared
- Don’t be LATE! This disrespects the client and does the opposite of building rapport
- Visualize speaking with your customer and your desired outcome for the meeting
- Set your mindset to knowing that you are the obvious YES
- Don’t be over-confident – move and speak with elegance surrounded by trust
Tip #4: Tell the Story
- Starting the meeting with a story that immediately captures interest and differentiates you from the rest
- For example:
- “I’ve been on 62 of these appointments and 58 people chose to work with me. My goal is to make this as easy and quick of process as possible for you.”
- If you’re a newer agent: “Our firm has successfully listed and sold over 275 homes and every week at our team meeting we debrief. We discovered there are 5 questions that every customer asks. Would you like to know what they are?”
- Here are the 5 questions:
- How are you going to get me the most money?
- How much time is it going to take?
- What’s your track record?
- What’s your marketing plan?
- Who else is involved in the process/team?
Tip #5: Share Case Studies, Not Promises
- Continue the story by sharing case studies of similar customers. This allows you to demonstrate your expertise and experience in an engaging and memorable way.
- For example:
- “When I helped Tom and Kathy sell their 3 bedroom, 2 bath home down the street, what worked really well was …”
- Here’s the flow of a case study (image below) that works
- Earned the listing
- Staged the home to took professional photos and video
- 83 agents at the broker preview
- Major online impressions
- 87 people at the mega open house
- Received 8 offers
- Sold for 3% over asking!
Check out our Agent Tools page for sample listing presentations and social proof pieces.
And of course, I’d love to help you build a business and life that you love by becoming a member of our coaching community.
The first step is a coaching consultation … it’s absolutely free and there are no strings attached.