Which scenario sounds more appealing to you:
Writing offers for buyer clients, continually hoping to write the most compelling offer in a highly competitive environment?
Sitting back and having multiple buyers all trying to out-bid each other to buy your listing?
Yeah, kind of a no-brainer. It’s good to be listing dominant.
But how do you get to that point?
That’s what today’s show is all about. I’m sharing two actions and one script to help you get there faster. Let’s go!
First Things First: Let’s Take Inventory
Getting where you want to be starts by taking stock of what you’ve done and how you did it.
So before we get to two actions and one script I promised, I’d like you to answer these questions:
- How many listings have you taken so far in 2019? How about 2018? 2017? Once you have those numbers, segment them into which lead sources from which they originated.
- Which lead source stands out? How can you exploit that further to scale your efforts?
- What lead sources do you need to add?
- Are your goals up and visual so you can track your performance? It’s a fact… tracking and measuring your numbers will result in a serious lift in performance.
- What’s your monthly marketing plan?
Action Step #1 to Become Listing Dominant: Block Out Prospecting Time
Hey, what do you have scheduled for Tuesday at 10:00 a.m.?
If your answer is anything other than “Sorry Tom, that’s my prospecting time,” you’re making a costly mistake.
The first action step toward becoming listing dominant is devoting blocks of time to prospecting and making it a priority.
That means I should see two-hour blocks in your schedule every Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. and from 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
That creates 10 opportunities for prospecting sessions. It also creates something else: The illusion of choice, because here’s the good news… You only have to conduct four to six of those 10 sessions!
Like I’ve said a million times before, if it’s not in your schedule, it doesn’t exist. Make sure your prospecting time is in your schedule and you’re honoring it!