How to Create a Google Map of Your Sold Homes
Realtors, more than anyone, work in a geographically based industry. We tell our clients all the time — location, location, location — yet when it comes to analyzing our own business, most of us have no idea how to get data onto a map. The good news is that today there are free, easy-to-use tools that you (or your admin) can learn to leverage for your business.
One of the most powerful mapping tools for real estate agents is Google Maps. With Google Maps, you can create a map of all your sold homes, which can allow you to see trends, analyze data, and more.
Interested in how to rank on Google? Check out our free Google Ranking Success guide today.
To help you leverage the power of Google Maps, we’ve created this guide on how to create a custom map in Google Maps. For an in-depth look at how to make a Google Map for real estate, keep reading.
Why Using Google Maps for Business Purposes Can Help Real Estate Agents
Before we get into the HOW of mapping, let’s talk about WHY?
Using Google Maps for business purposes can help real estate agents in several ways. There is literally no end to the ways you can use a map to generate graphics for marketing or create insights into your business. In addition to these benefits of using a real estate property map, Google Maps can help you:
- Analyze your transactions and create social proof maps
- Create market update reports
- Analyze your CRM / Database / Marketing List
- Analyze your Geo-Farm efforts
- Create custom maps to show customers properties they’re interested in
- Make maps for internal purposes to create an itinerary of property showings
- Use Google Street View to show properties to clients
- Market your business with local search
These are just some of the many useful benefits Google Maps offers real estate agents. Now that you know the reasons why you should create a property site map with Google Maps, let’s dive into how to create a Google Map for real estate in the next section.
How to Create a Google Map for Real Estate
As a real estate agent, there are plenty of real estate agent tools you can use to grow your business, with Google Maps being one of them. Fortunately, Google Maps is free and easy to use, making it an indispensable tool for your business. Here are the steps on how to make a Google Map for real estate:
- Create a Gmail account: To create a Google account, or Gmail account, simply go to the Google Account login page and follow the steps to create an account.
- Open Google Maps: Once you’ve created or signed in to your Google account, open Google Maps.
- Find “Create a Map”: To create a map in Google Maps, click on the 3 bars near the Search Field to bring up your menu of options, which should be located toward the top left of your screen. Once there, click on “Your Places” and then “Maps.” Once on Maps, click on the “Create a Map” button, located on the bottom left-hand side.
- Input your data: In the search bar, input the data you want mapped, including:
- Title your map: Once you’ve added pinpoints of your property or properties, add a title to your map, which will be on the top left-hand side of your map.
- Share your map: When you create a map, it will only be visible to you when you’re signed in to your Google Account. If you want to share your map with clients, click the “Share” button and add their email addresses.
In addition to these steps on how to create a Google Map for real estate, you can follow along with the video to create your map. Once you complete these steps, you’ll have a property site map that you can use to share with clients to make it easier for them to view a property and access property information straight from their computer or mobile device.