These are certainly UNCERTAIN times, if that makes sense.
It’s easy to wake up and not know what to do…
Try business as usual? Nah.
Freak out? That doesn’t help anyone.
Develop an all-new plan? Not a bad idea, but what is it?
That’s what I want to address with you in today’s #TomFerryShow. I’ve got 5 Actions Smart Agents are Doing Now… that will provide some clarity as to what, exactly, you should be doing in the face of this global crisis.
Let’s dive in…
Smart Agent Action No. 1: Increase your MEDS
Carl Jung told us all… How you feel on the inside is what you radiate to those on the outside. So you gotta take care of yourself first.
Which means taking your MEDS:
- Meditation – To maintain the right mindset and keep your head clear.
- Exercise – I say this in the most loving way possible (really)… Get off your ass and move your body! Don’t allow this crisis to excuse you from physical activity.
- Diet – A lot of people will be tempted to turn to food for comfort during these times. Make sure you’re eating healthy to stay at the top of your game.
- Sleep – Make sure you’re getting enough sleep.
Smart Agent Action No. 2: Over-Communicate!
Now is not the time to retreat into a foxhole and go “radio silent.” It’s time to step up and over-communicate with the people you’re currently working with, have worked with in the past, are members of your database, and with your community at large.
But you’ve gotta be smart about it. It’s not about reaching out like everything is normal and asking if they’re considering a move. Instead, use these scripts…
- Clients under contract: Tell them “I’m here for you. I have your back. What would you like to do?” If they want to pause, let them do so. Doing the right thing is always the right thing.
- All your recent leads: Call, text, or send a personal video to EVERY LEAD! Reach out with care and say, “I was just thinking about you. I wanted to reach out and say Are you OK? I just want to let you know I’m here for you.”
- Database: Then send a similar message to members of your database. But not a mass email. I want you communicating personally with 20-30 people in your database every day.