“How, Tom?… How am I supposed to get everything done when I’m focused on booking more appointments and going on appointments all through Q4?”
That’s the question today’s #TomFerryShow sets out to answer.
And honestly, it’s a good problem to have, right?
More appointments is going to mean more interaction, more experience, more listings, and ultimately, more closed deals.
But sure, it can be a challenge juggling everything when you’ve suddenly booked your schedule full of appointments.
So I’ve got four tips and a couple valuable tech tools to help you overcome that challenge.
Let’s get started…
I Shouldn’t Need to Say This, But…
Before we get to the actual tips, I want to remind you of one of the biggest truths in business:
“If it’s not in your schedule, it doesn’t exist and will not get done.”
That’s why managing your time is so crucial.
Here are three quick pointers for making the most of your calendar:
- Block your time – Schedule activities in chunks of time
- Prioritize your actions – Give priority to dollar-productive activities
- Track and measure – So you know how well you’re sticking to your plan
Okay, now let’s move on to the four tips…
Time Mgmt Tip No. 1: Start with Your Morning Routine (Business Version)
Before you think you know where I’m going with this… WAIT, this is different!
I’ve talked at length in past episodes about the importance of having a morning routine for your exercise, your daily affirmations, your gratitudes, etc.
That stuff all happens before you get to work.
What I’m talking about today is different. This is all about a “business” routine that you do at the start of every day.
Here’s what it entails:
- Getting in the MLS – You need to be inside your MLS every day studying what’s selling, what’s not, what’s hot, what’s working, etc. Yes… DAILY!
- Map out your day – Organize and plan who you’ll talk to on this day (online leads, past clients, database, Expireds, etc.) and what are your desired outcomes.
- Role Play – You don’t exercise without stretching first. So don’t start making calls without warming up your dialogues and rapport-building skills. A quick role play will raise your confidence and give you the courage needed to conquer the day!