Hot on the heels of Tuesday’s #TomFerryShow about designing your 2018 business plan, it’s time to start mapping out your 2018 calendar as well.
I want to help you make it a great year!
My definition of a great year is one that surpasses your personal goals in production…
…finds you enjoying the fruits of your labor and enjoying your life more than ever.
That’s why we do what we do, anyway, right?
We don’t work this hard just so we can work even more.
So in 2018, I want to make sure you get your time off, your vacations, your “me” time, your family time, etc., etc.
Here’s how to make this happen:
Schedule your life first, then your business.
I Hear Some of You Laughing
“Tom, I’m so busy I can’t schedule time off next week, let alone all of next year!”
Even if that’s how it feels now, that’s not the life you want for yourself, is it?
Changing it starts by making a commitment to yourself.
Here’s what we know:
Work expands to fill the time we allow for its completion.
If we don’t set strict parameters, work will expand and end up dominating every minute we allow it to.
That’s why your personal time should be the first thing added to your 2018 calendar.
Questions to Ask Yourself
• How many days off do you want?
• How many vacations do you want to take?
• When do you want to take them?
• How much time off around the holidays do you want?
• How much training/education are you committing to attending? (I hope to see you — at a minimum — at Summit August 6-9)
• If you have kids, how many school events do you want to attend?
• How many of your kids’ activities/games/recitals do you want to attend?
PLUS anything else you can think of…
Put it all on your calendar and make that personal time sacred.
This isn’t to say you can’t be flexible if a situation warrants it, but to achieve maximum fulfillment, you have to make yourself and your life’s enjoyment your first priority.