These Things Are Also Hard
- Telling your kid “Hockey/dance/theater is too expensive. Pick a different hobby.”
- Feeling stuck on a professional plateau for years at a time.
- Arguing with your spouse because you haven’t taken a vacation in years.
- Driving the same old car that keeps giving you problems.
- Lacking financial stability to withstand a family emergency: car accident, health scare, etc.
- Worrying whether or not you’ll be able to make your mortgage payment/rent every month.
- Convincing your children to attend a “lesser” university because you can’t afford their first choice.
- Wondering if you’ll be able to buy groceries for your family this week.
- Missing that concert or play you wanted to see because tickets were too expensive.
- Fearing the medicine your doctor prescribed will wipe out your discretionary income.
- Being in a constant state of stress over your finances and overall disenchantment with your life.
The Moral of This Story is Simple
Life is hard… No matter which direction you choose.
And please don’t get the wrong idea. I’m not saying life is all about the money. I am saying it’s all about doing the things that give you the power to design the lifestyle you desire.
So… Why not make the difficult stuff get you to a place where you can enjoy yourself instead of being stuck in a constant, never-ending struggle?
You need to “Choose your hard.”
Do the thing, have the power.
Commit to yourself to accept the difficulties of the first list, so you never have to deal with the difficulties of the second one.
You in? Let me know in the comments below.