Most of the time at our events, I’m on stage and I’m the teacher.

Which I love.

But I also love the role reversal when I’m able to become the student while our keynote speakers hit the stage.

And that’s exactly what happened at our recent BluePrint event with guest speaker Mel Robbins.

I was watching her speak and taking tons of notes.

And today I’m sharing three of my top takeaways from Mel’s powerful talk.

 

Mel Robbins Top Takeaway No. 1: What’s Your Bias Toward Action?

One of the themes I talked about during BluePrint was that 10 percent of success is knowing why to do something and how to do it. The other 90 percent – the real heavy lifting – is actually doing the work.

Mel hammered this point home in her own way.

She talked about those who say, “I know what I should be doing, but I’m just not doing it!”

Sound familiar?

At one point in her life, Mel ultimately realized she had become the biggest roadblock to her own success.

So she created The 5 Second Rule, where she basically says to herself, “5-4-3-2-1 Go!” and then jumps into action – BEFORE her brain can talk her out of it.

The 5 Second Rule became what she calls a “bias toward action” that gets her moving.

Whether you adopt Mel’s 5 Second Rule or find your own methodology, I fully agree that you need that hook that will stop all the hesitation and second thoughts – and launch you into action.

What’s yours? If you don’t have one, find it!

 

>>KEEP READING BELOW<<