Time is Money. Top Tips for Time Management. | #TomFerryShow Episode 60
As we enter the second quarter of the year I want to share with you some powerful learnings that my personal coach and I discussed in a recent session.
She asked me, “Tom, are you managing your time powerfully?”
This question really got me thinking about the 1,440 minutes everyone one of us has each day.
I left the coaching session with a re-focused mindset about maximizing every second of the day and now want to ask you …
Are you spending your time each day doing what matters most?
Make sure and watch the full #TomFerryShow video for details!
“Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no laziness, no procrastination: never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.” – Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield
The 4 Key Time Management Questions
1. Are you focused on activities that are the highest and best use of your time (H.B.U.T)?
There are only 24 hours in a day. How you choose to spend that time can be a key differentiator on the road to building a business and life that you love.
2. Are you analyzing your Time vs. Priorities?
When the projects start piling up think about what is Urgent vs what is Important.
Make sure you are spending more than 50% of your time on what matters most.
3. Are you getting stuck in Time Traps?
Think about how many tasks can be delegated so you can get back to doing activities that are the H.B.U.T.
4. Do you have a clear vision of what your ideal week looks like?
Envision you at your best and reverse engineer it to create your ideal work week.
3 Solutions to Becoming a Time Management Master
1. List out priorities for what is the H.B.U.T.
- For example:
- Book appointments
- Going on appointments
- Communication with team, clients, partners, etc.
- Managing your business
2. Plan your week out in advance in blocks on time.
- Focus on getting ahead of the drama!
3. Share your schedule
- Have your schedule up and visual
- Share with family, friends, coach and co-workers to increase accountability
I will be sharing a ton more tips about time management and running your business like a CEO at my brand new event called BY DESIGN taking place in Baltimore, MD Nov. 2-4. I hope to see you there!
Want to discuss your Time Management with someone on my team?
Simply sign up for a complimentary coaching consultation to find out all the ways we can help you and your business improve!