STOP the EXCUSES and Get More Done! – #TomFerryShow
January 19, 2016Do you want to know something that really scares me?
33.3% of people will watch the Super Bowl ... yet only 40% of people will make their lives better by setting goals.
What's even scarier about this statistic, is that of the 40% only 8% will actually follow through. Wow!
What the 32% of people who don't follow through on their goals have is something I call..."EXCUSE-ITIS". You may know someone with this success-stalling disease...read on to learn the symptoms and prescription for getting rid of it.
Symptoms of excuse-itis are thoughts in your head or even words you to say to others.
Do You Have a Case of Excuse-itis
1. “I can start tomorrow”
2. “Not today, first I have to X.”
3. “My morning routine just isn’t supporting me”
4. “My goals aren’t up and visual”
5. “I have too much on my plate right now”
If one of these excuses sounds familiar that’s okay, because awareness is the first step of change.
As a self-proclaimed doctor of SUCCESS-ITIS (yep, I just made that up) I highly recommend a strong prescription of awareness, mindset and new behaviors. Allow me to break it down for you…
Would You Like to Generate and Convert More Leads in Less Time?
1. Start small – As Ralph Waldo Emerson says, “Do the thing and you will have the power.” Stop focusing on why you can’t do something and just do something. Take one action today towards achieving you goal…even the smallest action is better than nothing. 2. Identify the 1, 2, or 3 NEW BEHAVIORS that you can add to your life that naturally align with achieving your goals. 3. And, the most powerful of them all – Change Your Mindset…Change Your Life! 90% of a positive mindset is how you view individual situations. I’ll say it again, Change Your Mindset…Change Your Life!” 4. 1 Appointment a day – stay committed to doing your 5-5-4’s. Those of you in my coaching program know exactly what I’m talking about (and how powerful this formula is). Call 5 people in your database, 5 past clients and 4 people you don’t know to achieve 1 appointment a day. It’s just math my friends and it works!
As the good doctor says, the health of your business depends on the health of your mind, the actions you take and behaviors aligned with achieving your goals.
Let go of the excuses and you will be amazed how quickly the success will come.
Welcome to the Local Business “Leg Up” Challenge. There are no rules. There’s no hashtag. There are no prizes. It’s just about doing your part to help fellow entrepreneurs in need. While we in real estate are fortunate to be able to continue conducting business and triumphing in the face of adversity, many others don’t […]
I know a lot of people who achieved truly extraordinary sales years in 2020. Yet back in early/mid-March, many of those same people felt frozen in their tracks, wondering if they’ll be able to sell another house until the pandemic was over. So what changed? They got resourceful. They innovated. They adapted. And perhaps even […]
“But everything we hear, the market is crazy… Everything is selling quickly for top dollar. Why haven’t you been able to sell our house?” This is not a fun conversation to find yourself in. But it’s an occasional reality of today’s market. For whatever reason – location, price, quality – certain homes seem to be […]