How to Build Memorable Connections Within Your Sphere
February 26, 2015
Are you taking the time to create memorable moments with your sphere of influence?
Remember last March when Ellen DeGeneres organized a celebrity selfie at the 2014 Academy Awards? It was a show-stopping moment that generated excitement and created engagement worldwide. It was also a classic move by Ellen on how to build concrete connections within your sphere.
When was the last time you posted something that generated that kind of attention?
Now I’m not suggesting you run out and take a selfie with every client or influencer you know, but I am suggesting you find ways to strengthen your ties with each one. As you can see from the example, it doesn’t always have to be a planned or time-consuming activity. Memories are simply created when a connection is made, however brief it may be. It could be a 2 line message mailed in a card or remembering to wish someone a happy birthday. You may have someone in your sphere of influence who loves the same restaurant as you and a chance meeting (and possible selfie) could solidify that relationship.
7 Best Ways to Create Impact and Be Noticed in 2015
Here are seven easy and quick ways to help someone remember you and create impact in the lives of those around you. Employing some of these tactics could be instrumental in enhancing your sphere of influence and growing your real estate business.
1. Make a phone call to a friend or client and catch up. Download a complimentary copy of Recruiting Tips & Scripts if you need a little help getting started.
2. Review your CRM for special events in your clients’ lives and recognize them. Wish someone a Happy Birthday or Anniversary.
3. Select and send out a physical handwritten card.
4. Take time to genuinely thank someone.
5. Be prepared – stick an extra pair of gloves or umbrella in your car to share.
6. Ask someone new to join you as you head out for a coffee break.
7. Stop by for a visit – nothing is better than face to face contact for making and keeping friends (and clients).
On top of missing phone leads, sifting through your voicemail inbox can be a tedious job on its own. Listening through countless messages to separate important clients’ calls from spammers takes up precious hours that you could be spending more productively. Here are some ways you can efficiently manage this tedious task: Being able to […]