STOP the EXCUSES and Get More Done!| #TomFerryShow Episode 50
Do you want to know something that really scares me?
33.3% of people will watch the Super Bowl … yet only 40% of people will make their lives better by setting goals.
What’s even scarier about this statistic, is that of the 40% only 8% will actually follow through. Wow!
What the 32% of people who don’t follow through on their goals have is something I call…”EXCUSE-ITIS”. You may know someone with this success-stalling disease…read on to learn the symptoms and prescription for getting rid of it.
Symptoms of excuse-itis are thoughts in your head or even words you to say to others.
Do You Have a Case of Excuse-itis
1. “I can start tomorrow”
2. “Not today, first I have to X.”
3. “My morning routine just isn’t supporting me”
4. “My goals aren’t up and visual”
5. “I have too much on my plate right now”
If one of these excuses sounds familiar that’s okay, because awareness is the first step of change.
As a self-proclaimed doctor of SUCCESS-ITIS (yep, I just made that up) I highly recommend a strong prescription of awareness, mindset and new behaviors. Allow me to break it down for you…
The First Steps of Change
1. Start small – As Ralph Waldo Emerson says, “Do the thing and you will have the power.” Stop focusing on why you can’t do something and just do something. Take one action today towards achieving you goal…even the smallest action is better than nothing.
2. Identify the 1, 2, or 3 NEW BEHAVIORS that you can add to your life that naturally align with achieving your goals.
3. And, the most powerful of them all – Change Your Mindset…Change Your Life! 90% of a positive mindset is how you view individual situations. I’ll say it again, Change Your Mindset…Change Your Life!”
4. 1 Appointment a day – stay committed to doing your 5-5-4’s. Those of you in my coaching program know exactly what I’m talking about (and how powerful this formula is). Call 5 people in your database, 5 past clients and 4 people you don’t know to achieve 1 appointment a day. It’s just math my friends and it works!
As the good doctor says, the health of your business depends on the health of your mind, the actions you take and behaviors aligned with achieving your goals.
Let go of the excuses and you will be amazed how quickly the success will come.
Need help with staying accountable to your goals? Then, I encourage you to sign up for a complimentary coaching consultation to see what coaching could do for your business.