9 Ways To Save Time and Earn More Money | #TomFerryShow Episode 18
What’s the one thing everyone always wants more of? It’s actually a tie… time and money! Here are 9 habits that will help you to gain more time back or make money, or ideally both!
- Go to (1:58) to discover the benefits of being a morning person
- Go to (3:59) to hear about what I call the P.L.A.N.
- Go to (8:29) on how you can earn more money while on vacation
9 Ways to Gain More Time And Make More Money
1. Get up 30 minutes earlier – I don’t care if you already wake up at 7:00. Wake up at 6:30! You know the old saying “The early bird gets the worm…” is old as dirt but there’s a reason people still say it. Because it works!
2. Plan your day the night before – Don’t wait until the morning to figure out what your schedule for the day will be. Be prepared in the morning with a calendar full of appointments and the right activities to be more productive every day.
3. Develop a powerful morning routine – You’re consistently being squeezed by other agents, buyers, clients, your broker, etc. We’re all being squeezed. What comes out when you get squeezed? Develop a pre-squeeze routine every morning to fill yourself will good affirmations and goals. Check out my “squeezed” video here.
4. Focus on dollar productive activities – There are 4 things we can do that are leading indicators of a healthy business, P-L-A-N. If you’re following your plan to win, you’re going to crush it!
- P – Prospecting (doing your Hour of Power, calling past clients)
- L – Lead follow-up (don’t miss out on the chance to follow-up on every lead)
- A – Appointments (you should be going on more)
- N – Negotiations and closing deals
5. Confirm appointments the day before – Is there anything more annoying than a no-show? Whether its over a text, phone call or email, confirm every appointment the night before! Easy right?
6. Know your outcome – Before every meeting, project or appointment, know what you want your outcome to be. What results do you want to produce? This technique will keep you focused every time!
7. Politely avoid energy & time suckers – Inside every office, there is that one agent that walks around the office like a tractor beam of distraction. Politely avoid these beams. My favorite excuse is to just wear my headset all the time to say I’m on the phone!
8. Turn off your phone – Why are you focusing on your phone when you’re sitting down with a client? Focus on that person like they’re the only one that matters. Unplug it even if it’s just for your hour of power. Turn that sucker off and focus.
9. Schedule more time off – Every time you book a vacation, it seems like every buyer wants to buy and every seller whats to sell. If you give yourself 24/7, that’s how long it will take to get things done. If you say “I only have an hour then I’m gone for 2 day,” there is a sense of urgency.