3 Ways To Re-Engage With Your Audience
By Coach Mark Johnson
It’s easy to get stuck doing the same marketing campaigns after a while. But think about it; are your marketing and branding efforts still effective? Maybe you need to make some adjustments to re-engage your audience.
Re-Engage Your Audience
1. Move from product focused to engagement focused thinking. Traditional marketing hinges on promoting products and their value to our markets by sharing Me, Me, Me based information in a controlled fashion. That’s the kiss of death in today’s world.
Instead of creating product messages and then pushing them out to the world – empower yourself to apply expertise to the specific customer or prospect conversation that’s on the table, focus on solving a problem instead of selling a product. When you focus on sharing expertise and educating prospects you create credibility and influence.
2. Move from static content to interactive conversations. By shifting your content focus – from blobs of big content that are stale before you share it, move to smaller, interactive snippets of relevant, timely information – create impactful, relevant conversations with your audience. When you adapt this definition of “content” to better match the conversational real-time needs of today’s sellers and buyers, you begin to relevantly engage with and create relationships with your audience.
Every 60 seconds, 293,000 Facebook posts are made so you have to stand out from the crowd to engage your target audience.
Here are some examples to help:
- Contest – run a contest on Facebook and give prizes to the winners
- Post things for them to share
- Offer Advice – respond to comments and questions
- Showcase a client in their new home
3. Move from social media as a marketing channel to social media as a community. Imagine creating a social media community made up of prospects and customers who actively converse and share their experiences around your business and its value. A community where you empower your customers to discuss your value, suggest improvements, brainstorm new approaches and excite your prospects. A community where you lead by sharing expertise and educating, not selling and promoting.
Imagine the goodwill, interest and loyalty created within that community, not to mention the powerful market feedback for future offerings and value. Through engaged communities of happy customers we have our best opportunity to manage our brand perceptions.
If you’re looking for a coach to help grow your business, let us apply for the job! Call us today for a free Success Pack and coaching call!